Sunday, November 8, 2009

The one where Lynne swam with dolphins

Its only been 24 hours, but I feel it necessary to update the blog after the last depressing entry!
I was quite sick yesterday, and shouldnt have been writing in that state. I slept through lunch, then slept through dinner, and through the night.
It still felt like I was swallowing razor blades this morning, but my body didnt ache as much as yesterday.
The other health problem I had yesterday was a sore on my foot, id hurt it walking in bare feet a few days ago and was worried something was in it, so used my tweezers and nail clippers to poke around. Remember the last time I poked around at a sore I ended up in a London hospital for 5 days while doctors operated twice to remove the absyss it had turned into ... you can understand my fears!
So this morning I dragged my sorry arse down to the beach, hoping salt water would lift my spirits and help my health.
I walked to the Bay Of Dolphins, because yes, dolphins like to hang out there, just like people.
I went for a swim and just as I was marvelling at the wonders of the ocean to make you feel better, a couple of dolphins popped their heads up a few metres from me. I smiled for what seemed the first time in 48 hours. Finally I was cheering up!
So I had a lovely day, washed away my sore throat and sore foot (it seems to be healing ok) while relaxing on a banana bed I rented, and going for swims with dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment