Monday, September 21, 2009

The one where Lynne nearly got an upgrade

Well flying long haul is never a pleasant experience. This flight had promise. I got on board to see a big Maori man in my seat, and after being told to ´wait here´the flight attendant returned with a new boarding pass.
I could see that magic word ´business´and my heart started racing. But alas, on closer inspection they had given the Maori man the upgrade.
The flight was delayed a couple of hours in Auckland, first it was éngine problems´then ´paperwork´.
So I had a couple of Chardonnays while chatting with a guy from Maroubra (Mark, who has a sister called Lynette...). He was flying to Peru to see his Peruvian girlfriend and meet the in laws.
I had a spare seat next to me on the 10 hour flight to Santiago, so at least got a half decent sleep.
Had a dream run through Customs and got a taxi to a lovely old hostel in the bohemian part of town.
Santiago seems to shut down completely on Sundays .. everything boarded up, so didnt do much today except stroll the neighbourhood and have a sleep.
Can´t believe the trip has finally started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment